It’s been a while, I know. I guess I haven’t felt very inspired lately, but it is amazing how changing your life direction can change your whole outlook. I have applied to go back to school in the Fall. Very nervous about whether or not I will get in, even more nervous about paying for it, but I do feel a sense of pride today. Applying is the first step and I may not be able to control what comes next, but I am very happy about actually doing something about it.
So, inspired by today’s events, I have decided to share with you some of the little things that make me happy. It is so important to remeber the little things. It is easy to be dragged down by everything in life that isn’t how you want it to be. The secret to happiness is to find love and joy in each day. Sounds so corny and lame, but the older I get, the more I find it to be true.
1. Losing enough weight to cross my legs comfortably
2. Freaking out about finding some sort of growth, just to realize it’s a bone that had been hiding under fat all of that time.
3. Summer vegetables!
4. Peaches, 99 cents a pound!
5. Going for a run and being drenched with sweat. What could make you feel more accomplished than sweat?
6. My new favorite recipe. Seriously this is so good, you need to make it tonight.
Obviously, I don’t use the butter (just enough olive oil to make a bit of a sauce), but everything else is good to go. Please make this, I mean it!