In my former life, this was a delicacy. The incredibly moist, melt in your mouth, cake will blow your mind. If you are a lemon lover this is most certainly a must have.
Disclaimer: This is neither paleo, nor healthy. I’m making this for my family for the Easter weekend, but sadly, I will not be partaking. I wanted to share it because it is a show stopper. Seriously, it’s incredible.
Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake
- 3/4 cup (1 1/2 sticks) unsalted butter, at room temperature
- 1 1/2 cups cake flour
- 2 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups whole-milk ricotta cheese
- 1 1/2 cups plus 1 table spoon sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons pure vanilla extract
- 2 lemons, zested and juiced
- 1 cup confectioners sugar
- zest of one lemon, juice of the same lemon
- 1/4 cup milk
1. Preheat oven to 350 F. Grease a 9x5x3 loaf pan
2. In a medium bowl combine flour, baking powder, and salt
3. Using a mixer, cream the butter, ricotta and granulated sugar until light and fluffy, about 3 minutes. With the machine running, add the eggs 1 at a time. Add the vanilla, lemon zest, and the juice of both lemons . Add the dry ingredients, a small amount at a time, until just mixed.
4. Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake until a toothpick comes out clean and the cake pulls away from the sides of the pan, 45 to 50 minutes. Let cool in the pan for 10 minutes, then transfer to a rack to cool completely.
5. Make the glaze. Combine confectioners sugar, lemon zest, lemon juice, and milk. Pour the glaze on top of the pound cake. Cut and serve.