I don’t know that there’s anything more humbling than going to a job interview and feeling like you are a fish trying to climb a tree. It’s ok, I’ll be ok, I just need to find my own little pond in this world.
There is so much cooking to be done this weekend. Luckily, I pre-cooked all of the desserts and now all I have to do is….well everything else, I guess. It is a bit depressing cooking all of my family’s favorites…I seriously have the best mac and cheese recipe EVER! Strange that I won’t be having any, but as long as the weight comes off, I could care less about some mac and cheese. I also have the most amazing Lemon Ricotta Pound Cake recipe, which I won’t be eating, but I would be glad to share the recipe soon.
So here is the recipe for the macaroons that almost killed me. The worst part is dipping them in chocolate…I kept licking the chocolate off of my fingers. Maybe my poor stomach will recover from my gluttony.
Have fun cooking this weekend! I will be doing dishes until next Easter I’m afraid, but it’s worth it, right? I’m starting to think not.
Dark Chocolate Ras-macs
makes about 24 medium macaroons
- 6 large egg whites
- 3/4 cup honey
- 3/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 7 cups unsweetened shredded coconut
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 11 oz Ghiradelli Dark Chocolate Chips, or whatever chocolate you prefer
- In a stand mixer, whisk together egg whites and honey
- Whisk in salt, coconut, and vanilla
- Place bowl in fridge to chill for ½ hour
- Firmly pack a tablespoon with the batter
- Release batter onto a parchment lined baking sheet
- Bake at 350° for 15-20 minutes, until macaroons are golden brown
- Cool for 1 hour
- Melt the chocolate in a double boiler
- dip the bottoms of the macaroons into the melted chocolate and place on fresh parchment, let chocolate harden
Store macaroons on parchment in an airtight container, should stay fresh for a few days!